Thursday, August 20, 2015

Looking for space

I was nearly resigned to setting up shop in my basement until I found out about a space in Irvington.


This building / house is available to rent at a very reasonable price.  It is a little smaller than what I thought I was looking for, but it is more space than I would have in my basement. I expected to wait a few more months before I started paying rent, but it is unlikely that this will stay on the market very long.

Since this opportunity has created a sense of urgency, I have hurried forward with searching for space that is on the market. Today I have an appointment to look at some garage / shop space for rent on South Harding street. Not an ideal location but based on the description, its something I should look at before making a decision. Tomorrow I have an appointment to look at some space in the Stutz building. I'm not sure that I would want to drive downtown every day, but the building has the right "vibe" for the kind of work I have in mind. A big advantage of the Stutz building is that being a tenant there qualifies me to participate in the Stutz Artists Association. The association could be a great benefit to marketing some of my work.



Follow up: The space on South Harding was a little bit interesting. Actually it was very close to the same size and price as the Irvington space but without interior walls in the way. First time I've heard of a place that included compressed air as one of the utilities.



On the down side it was close enough to other tenants that I would be hearing their radios and the owner was a guy who thought he could have a conversation and keep his eyes glued to a screen at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment