Friday, August 28, 2015

Estate Sale right time right place

Yesterday I enjoyed a trip to Portland, Indiana to see the Tri-State Gas engine and Tractor show.

tristate gas engine tractor.com

Too much to see in one day, but I did get to see the types of things the vendors were offering.  I thought there would be a chance of finding a deal on an old box hardware or maybe a flying ball governor. No cheap boxes to be found, but I did find this governor.


Since it was in pretty rough condition it was only $300. I didn't come home with any treasures.


Less than 24 hours later, I stop by an Estate Sale a couple blocks from home.

Melanie putting the story to song

There were five storage buildings full of junk and interesting things. I spent $35.00 and came home with lots of treasures


or junk depending on how you look at things. 

The picture doesn't show the detail but I now have a wide assortment of plumbing parts, engine parts, air horns and fly wheels. As a bonus, I came home with an air powered sander, several cans of spray paint, some sand paper disks, and lots of misc goodies.


It was a good day.





No comments:

Post a Comment