Sunday, July 12, 2015

It doesn't fall far from the tree

My father is fond of saying, "The apple doesn't fall far from the tree." Actually, he is even more fond of saying, "The Nut doesn't fall far from the tree." In either case, I believe he is correct. I can look back at the history of his building projects, and his father's building projects and have a clear  understanding that somewhere in my genetic code is the thing that drives my desire to build stuff.



My dad's most recent project:


It is a four wheel drive four wheel steer vehicle.



He calls it the "worthless toy."  Based on past history, it will eventually be coated with paint in a bright color.

This is the one he drives in the local parades:




It was made from a truck chassis. Of course a second transmission was added to get the gearing down into the correct range for a tractor.

Following the tradition started by his father who built this one:



Fortunately one of Grandpa's home built tractors survived the ravages of time long enough to get some restoration work done.


This was built to sow wheat between the rows of corn. 
(Corn rows were a little wider back in the day.)

No comments:

Post a Comment