Sunday, June 26, 2016

BB project part 2

This project has absorbed an inordinate amount of time. The mechanical and aesthetic design has evolved through several changes. 


There were a number of successes along the way. 
 - I gained some experience with 3D printing.
 - I learned more about the using the Cricut vinyl cutter.
 - I learned the wrong way, then a better way to make a drilling jig. 


The axles supporting the "arms" go through the aluminum backing and one layer of acrylic. The alignment required to make all four axles work was quite challenging. In order to see an ending point on this project, I decided to adjust from four arms down to two.


As I experimented with adding more BBs to improve the visual interest, I was seeing improvement until the main drive shaft sheered.


So, this project is not complete but will be set aside for a while until some time when the perfect motor and drive axle come along to make the conclusion possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment