Friday, May 13, 2016

The BB Project

The project drawing started something like this: 



 I've worked out the mounting hardware and the appropriate hole spacing for the gears. I've had some success 3D printing the "arms."





Still having some struggles with motor choice and arm speed. I thought I was set with a battery powered motor and a nice little worm gear combination but it doesn't run as smoothly under load as I would like. Next try will be a synchronous motor, which will have its own mounting challenges.






Lots of trial and error yet to come on the shelf steps. Hoping to find a functional and aesthetically pleasing combination. 



The wood background you see here will be replaced by clear plastic so you can see the gears moving.





















The BB pick up by the rotating arm works as well as I could hope. Finished product is still several steps away.







No comments:

Post a Comment