Monday, October 12, 2015

The search for space took a new turn today.

I recently visited a "maker space" called Club Cyberia. The social environment was less artistic and more techno-geek than I was expecting. On the up side, that means I fit in pretty easily, but on the other hand it doesn't provide an obvious connection to the artistic community that seems to be available in other places.

Club Cyberia has lots of tools available, including CNC machines, a laser cutter, 3D printers etc.





I learned today that  there is a 200 square foot studio space available in the same building that Cyberia is in.

It is a little small, but the price is right and it is beside the Cyberia tools, so it is kind of tempting.

I don't want to move every couple of years, but I can visualize this being a first step.  

It could be a launching point for "moving on up" or at least an opportunity to discover whether my constructionist ideas are build-able.  


No comments:

Post a Comment