Friday, October 16, 2015

A Banner Day for Parts Acquisition

 A "quick" stop at the Salvation Army store netted me this pile of goodies.


I don't know the original purpose of the aluminum tubing and the brass fittings they came with, but they are definitely interesting enough to re-purpose. One of the anniversary clocks seems too nice to dismantle for parts but that is a decision for another day. Admittedly the Risk game is not about building parts. On the other hand, it is the version with cast metal figures so there nay be some potential there.


With so many clock parts on hand, I was thinking I should get working on another clock project. Within hours of that decision, I was gifted with three of these clock faces. A little smaller than my original clock project but a very good size to work with.





And... to top things off...  the miniature bearings I have been waiting on arrived.



No comments:

Post a Comment