Saturday, September 12, 2015

Just a coincidence ???

1. Attempting to paint outdoors in unfavorable weather conditions has been entirely unsuccessful.

2. The maker space (which will include a paint area) that I hope to participate with will probably not be opening until May of next year.

These two facts lead me to the conclusion that I need to install a painting booth / vent hood in my basement. I decided I could probably build one if I could find a "squirrel cage" fan without spending much. If I could find a disused furnace fan it would draw more than enough air to keep odors out of the house.

Within 48 hours of having these thoughts, I'm driving home and spot an old furnace set out at the curb. I loaded it up and hauled it home.


 Step one of the vent hood is complete.

The furnace is dismantled and in addition to the fan I found a synchronous motor,  a few contact switches and some other interesting bits.



Step two of the vent hood is complete.







No comments:

Post a Comment